PREPARATION FOR YOUR PROCEDURE
You will receive pre-procedure instructions in the mail from your GI doctor. If you have any questions concerning your instructions or preparation, please call your physician.
Your visit to the CAS is scheduled by your physician’s office.
When you arrive at the Registration desk you will be asked for your photo ID, insurance card and any money due at time of service. We will also collect any paperwork that you have been given by your physician’s office. This will include your completed medication and history forms. Your registration paper work will be verified by our receptionist for accuracy and you will be seated to await a call from our Pre-Op RN.
You will be called in to Pre-Op by an RN then taken into a bay where you will be asked to change into a hospital gown. Your RN will confirm your procedure to be performed, and have you sign your consent. Your current medications will be confirmed as well as any medications that you were instructed to take the morning of procedure. An intravenous (IV) site will be started by your RN for the purpose of administering conscious sedation.
RECOVERY ROOM – POST-OPERATIVE CARE AND DISCHARGE
• After your procedure the nurse will transport you to the Recovery Room and give a status report to the RN to transition your care smoothly. You will be closely monitored by our nursing staff and physician.
• Your recovery room stay varies per physician and procedure performed. Average length of stay is 30 minutes.
• An RN will monitor your vital signs, (blood pressure, pulse and respirations) and oxygen may be administered according to your physician’s orders.
• When stable you will be given a beverage. Your family/visitor will be able to join you at this time.
• Your RN will review all post-op instructions with you and the person accompanying you prior to discharge from the CAS.
• Your doctor will see you prior to discharge.
• You MUST have a driver to take you home or your procedure will be cancelled. It is IMPERATIVE that the driver be readily available (on site) when you are ready to be discharged from the Center.
• Be certain to follow you physician’s post-procedure instructions and call their office if there are any questions or concerns post-op. If you are feeling your post procedure status is of an urgent nature please go to the nearest emergency room.
Visitors are to wait in the waiting room until called by the Nurse.
Please do not bring any more than 2 visitors with you the day of your procedure as space is limited and our commitment to our patients’ privacy is imperative to the CAS.
Please do not bring small children to the waiting room.
There are vending machines with beverages, candy and snacks located in the hall.